Thursday, January 19, 2006

Bin Laden and Brokeback Mountain

Extremist Muslims hate our culture because it promotes things they think are abhorrent.
Muslim Extremists don't like men being undermined as the leaders of their families; our television programs are filled with incompetent fathers who are ignorant about all things.
Muslim Extremists think it's wrong for women to expose themselves completely on cable television programs, videos and magazines; cable and commercial, magazines and the internet provide a haven for this type of activity and protect themselves with the First Amendment.
Muslim Extremists have zero tolerance for things like adultery, stealing and homosexual activity; some could argue we glorify these activities.
Think about it, the recent popular TV programs included "Desperate Housewives" and "Sex in the City" which pretty much glorifies a bunch of sluts who can't keep their clothes on.
Stealing is made normal, in the hit movies, "Ocean's 11" and "O12".
And now, our culture glorifies homosexuality with "Brokeback Mountain" earning Golden Globes and being heralded as becoming the number one movie this weekend.
The ads talk about "This love story" which will be very disturbing to John Wayne fans looking for a good western.
Perhaps the presumed popularity of "Brokeback Mountain" Bin Laden has finally given up and realizes that the destruction of the west is going to happen sooner than he thought without his help.
Do I have any problems with adultery, you bet. Stealing, yup. Glorifying homosexual activity--yes. No, I'm not a homophobe and have a very close friend who is gay. I didn't know he was gay and didn't care, he's never done anything around me that makes me feel uncomfortable, if he did that would change my mind about him.
I don't have any interest in seeing BM, because I don't go to movies recommended by Hollywood Elites who are deliberately and steadily trying to change our society with the movies, music and events that they say are normal. I'm not interested in seeing two men kissing in a romantic way.
I don't go to see scary movies either, it's not because I don't like to be scared.....wait, yeah I don't like to be scared and those movies keep me from sleeping, so I don't go.
If you're concerned about the way society is changing with the media attempts to make BM a major studio hit, then maybe you can understand just a bit of how some Muslims feel about the western influence on society. Nothing would ever justify killing innocent humans, but they don't like the direction our society is heading, and the impact that our society is having on the entire world and their part of the world in particular.
When I see the latest offerings on commercial TV and cable, internet websites and at the movie theaters, I'm worried, too.

No comments: