Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Media Bias-Real or Imagined?

So, what do you think of this story from the news recently in Oklahoma?
Email me your thoughts, and I'll explain my perspective at the end of the story.

NO WORD ON POSSIBLE CHARGES YET FOR TILLMAN COUNTY SHERIFFTuesday, November 15, 2005
The Assistant District Attorney in Jefferson County expects to make a decision Wednesday on what charges, if any, the Tillman County Sheriff will face. Special Prosecutor Dennis Gay said tonight he is having a hard time getting over to Tillman County, though, because of his court schedule.Because of that, he says it is possible a decision won`t be made until Friday. Sheriff Billy Hanes is accused of assaulting a 15-year-old Frederick boy who may have been somehow involved with Hanes` daughter.

So, what was my problem? I'm trying to find the political affiliation Sheriff Billy Hanes. I'll bet he's a democrat, but that party affiliation wasn't even mentioned in the story. But you can bet if Hanes was a Republican, this story would have made the national media in a second.
Want to bet?

No comments: