Monday, July 23, 2007

Summer is Wonderful

Frogs, toads, turtles, yard word, the fragrance of freshly mowed grass, the rumble of thunder rolling across the plains, leaking sprinklers, cutting brush and trees and cooking out, that's summer.
There are times, like right now, as I sit in the front yard feeling the cool of a cold front coming through, changing the wind into different directions, and feeling the temptation of rain in the cool.
As a former "storm chaser" I look more critically at the clouds and note the rotation and hope nothing sinister will develop, all I want is rain right now.
I enjoy the changes every day. Every morning I awaken with the promise of a better day, it's a wonderful feeling to know that almost every aspect of your life is wonderful because of the people you hold most dear.
I remember when I was younger, at this time of year, we would all be riding our bikes all day long, breaking away to quickly eat or gather things to play with. So simple, so fondly remembered.
But now, in July, the heat has finally arrived, and with it the rains have stopped. As I write it begins to rain, that's great since the sprinkler is still on the mend---#@$%@& thing.
So, the cycle doesn't stop, as I look over the yard, I see the monkey grass, and the light blue flowers are blooming, which promise the dark black seeds of which mean fall---and MORE monkey grass.
I see the clouds rotating, will I win the weather lottery and see a tornado? I'd rather win the lottery and go vacation in Florida.

No comments: